Workshop Service Menu
Just like any complex mechanical object, bikes are subject to wear and tear - servicing your bike prolongs its lifespan, and also highlights any potential issues before they become a problem. We recommend servicing every six months, more often if you ride every day, or just before a long ride or race.
Here at Bike Otago we provide you with professional and quality repairs at a realistic price. Our Service Team Ethan, Felix and Bryce will keep your ride running smoothly to the highest standard.
To book your bike in, please call (03) 477-7396, email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively pop down to the store and chat to our friendly team in person!
For more information on our workshop, please click here.
SIMPLE SERVICE - $50
A quick service and safety assessment including:
- Adjust gears and brakes
- Tyre Inflation
- Check chain and sprocket wear
- Check tightness of bars/headset/cranks/bottom
GENERAL SERVICE - $80
Our most popular service to keep your bike running smoothly:
- Remove and true wheels
- Adjust and lube derailleurs, tune gears
- Adjust brakes, calipers, pads and cables
- Check all bolts and tighten
ANNUAL SERVICE- $160
Includes all general service tuning plus the following additional features:
- Cleaning of drivetrain
- Replacing gear and brake cables
- Remove bottom bracket and grease cups and threads
- Adjust cones and locknuts
PREMIUM SERVICE- $350
A full strip, clean and rebuild with all annual service features, plus;
- Replacement of both gear and brake cables
- Strip Headset, clean and grease
- Replacement of hub bearings
- Rims, hubs, frame cleaned
BESPOKE BIKE SERVICE MENU
BRAKE & GEAR SERVICING
- Gear Tune Servicing from $30 including front and rear derailleur tune, resetting of derailleur limits, lubing of chain/derailleur and straightening if required
- Gear Cable Replacement $15 (parts not included)
- Chain Replacement $20 (does not include new chain)
- Di2 Tuning/Software Updates $60
- Hydraulic Brake Servicing includes bleeding, cleaning pads & rotor plus straightening rotors: Sram brakes $40 per end, Shimano brakes $30 per end, conventional brakes $10 per end
We take great pride in our wheel building quality and guarantee our workmanship and parts. Our service manager Ethan, has a real passion for wheel building and this shows through his high quality builds and attention to detail.
- Wheel Builds $80. We build to your requirements using top quality spoke brands
- Tubeless Wheel Repair $40. Includes changing a broken spoke or truing a buckled wheel
- Non-Tubeless Wheel Repair $25. Includes changing a broken spoke or truing a buckled wheel.
- Tubeless set up $25. Clean rim, apply tape, fit valve, add sealant, inflate. *Sealant included, valve and tape not.
- Tyre/Tube Replacement $10 (Not inc. tube) $20 inc new tube.
SUSPENSION & SEATPOST SERVICING
- Suspension Tuning/setup $10 Suspension not feeling dialled? We can help fine tune your setup!
- Rockshox Shock Full Service from $150
- Rockshox Fork 50hr Service $60. Parts not included.
- Linkage Service $80
- Rockshox Reverb Post Rebuild from $250 (dependent on model)
- Rockshox Reverb Post Bleed $30
- Bike Assemble $75. Had your bike shipped and need it put together? This service includes assembly from box and full safety check.
- Bike Dismantle & Box $50. Need to ship your bike or transport on a plane? This service ensures your bike is safely dismantled and protected into a box for travel or shipping. Box and protection included.
- North Island Bike Shipping $60. Need to ship a bike? Well we can do it for you here! Drop off you bike either in it's boxed ship-able state or we can dismantle it and ship for you (see dismantle fee above)
- South Island Bike Shipping $40. Need to ship a bike? Well we can do it for you here! Drop off you bike either in it's boxed ship-able state or we can dismantle it and ship for you (see dismantle fee above)
- Basic Bike Clean $15. Dirt's no good. It wears out your drivetrain and gets into your suspension, wearing it out. If you'd rather kick back with a post-ride beer, let us do the hard work - we'll brush-and-hose off all the dirt, wipe your seals, and degrease and re-lube your drivetrain.
- Premium Bike Clean - $40. Shiny bikes ride better, right? Let us give your bike a make over! We will wash your bike thoroughly from top to bottom, soak and degrease your drive chain, and wipe all your seals down. We'll then re-lube your drivetrain.